Saturday, July 25, 2009

to summarize

My aunt Romana gave me this book. It's a 1985 version of an out-of print Polish classic. Written in Polish, it's an outline of all the classic dishes my grandmother taught me to make, and some new ones I want to try.
From the one word I remembered in Antarctica I have been blessed to find family, rediscover my heritage, tread the ground my grandfather left behind for his new life in America. I have been blessed to be able to learn enough of the ferociously difficult Polish language to make the use of this book feasible. Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible, especially Wayne and my children who provided the encouragement I needed to travel halfway around the world by myself to learn something new, and by doing so to learn something about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment