Tuesday, July 7, 2009

sound and fury...

July 5, Frankfurt Airport:
This is more about the sound and scope of a really big international airport. I was lost many times trying to find where to recheck my big bag, or how to get to the gate for LOT Polish airlines.
Turns out there is no gate per se, just a place to board a bus and be driven to the far corner of the tarmac for our plane. There is no mention of Michael Jackson or Sarah Palin, and no real interest in things American except occasionally as objects of derision. The multitude of language and the squeeks and rumbles of modern commerce make me feel very small, and somehow comforted. There ARE corners of the planet that have NOT been spoil by Paris Hilton. I like travelling by myself.

1 comment:

  1. Solo travel is one of the best things ever: very empowering!

    ReplyDelete